MS-W vs HB-W Dream11 Prediction: Latrobe is set to host the 48th derby of the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL) on Wednesday (November 16). Melbourne Stars Women will lock horns with Hobart Hurricanes Women at the Latrobe Recreation Ground. It’s the eighth edition of the tournament, where eight teams are playing; 59 matches are to be played in a round-robin format, followed by knockout finals.
On the other hand, in absence of Meg Lanning, stars are enduring one of the roughest WBBL runs. The side has won only four out of their 11 league-stage games.
Hurricanes, led by Elyse Villani, are having a decent run in the ongoing tournament. The side initially botched to perform with consistency, however, they seem to be geared up and are among one of the top five teams in the points table.
The game will commence at 9:30 AM (IST).
MS-W vs HB-W Dream11 Prediction for Today Match
Melbourne Stars Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women, Match 48th of Women’s Big Bash League 2022/23
Fixture: Melbourne Stars Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women
Date and Time: November 16, 9:30 AM IST
Venue: Latrobe Recreation Ground, Latrobe (Tasmania)
Where to watch MS-W vs HB-W Live?
Watch MS-W vs HB-W live, on Sony Sports Network. All the Women’s Big Bash League games will also be telecasted live on the SonyLIV app and website.
Tournament Points Table
The points table will be updated soon.
MS-W vs HB-W Pitch Report
It’s a balanced pitch at the Latrobe Recreation Ground in Latrobe and better suited for the spinners. The average first innings score has been around 130, while the average total score has been nearby 131. Most of the captains opted to bowl first. And almost all the teams bowling first at the venue have won the games.
Moreover, the weather on matchday is predicted to hover around 12.86° Celcius, with a few overcast clouds up in the sky.
Last Result at the Venue
Melbourne Stars Women (132/6) beat Hobart Hurricanes Women (130/8) by four wickets – November 15, 2022
Last five matches – (the most recent first)
Melbourne Stars Women: W W L L W
Hobart Hurricanes Women: L W W W L
Melbourne Stars Women Playing 11
- Stars are likely to open with Lauren Winfield-Hill and Bess Heath in the MS-W vs HB-W game.
- The Stars middle-order may comprise Alice Capsey, Nicole Faltum, and Annabel Sutherland. Aapsey can off-spin the ball, while Sutherland is a pace-bowling all-rounder. Faltum is prone to keep the wickets.
- Sophie Reid may be another batter in the Stars lineup.
- Sasha Moloney could be another all-rounder who can bowl off-spin. While Kim Garth will be the pace bowling all-rounder.
- Tess Flintoff and Rhys McKenna could be the pacers in the starting 11.
- Sophie Day may be the chief spinner.
Probable Playing 11:
- Lauren Winfield-Hill
- Bess Heath
- Alice Capsey
- Annabel Sutherland
- Tess Flintoff
- Kim Garth
- Nicole Faltum (C & WK)
- Sasha Moloney
- Sophie Reid
- Rhys McKenna
- Sophie Day
Alice Capsey’s WBBL 2022 Stats
Capsey from England is a batting all-rounder and can bowl off-spin. Merely an 18-year-old, she has already made her international debut.
Annabel Sutherland’s WBBL 2022 Stats
The young Aussie talent has already made her national debut. Sutherland has a raw pace and can hit significant batting cameos too.
Hobart Hurricanes Women Playing 11
- Hurricanes are likely to open with Rachel Trenaman and Lizelle Lee in the MS-W vs HB-W game. Lee may keep the wickets.
- The Hurricanes’ middle order may include Mignon du Preez, Elyse Villani, and Nicola Carey. Among these Carey can bowl at a medium pace.
- Naomi Stalenberg could be another pace-bowling all-rounder. And Emma Manix-Geeves may be another batter on the board.
- The Hurricanes spin unit may comprise Molly Strano, Maisy Gibson, and Amy Smith.
- Hayley Jensen may be the chief pacer in the camp.
Probable Playing 11:
- Lizelle Lee (WK)
- Rachel Trenaman
- Mignon du Preez
- Elyse Villani (C)
- Nicola Carey
- Naomi Stalenberg
- Emma Manix-Geeves
- Hayley Jensen
- Maisy Gibson
- Amy Smith
- Molly Strano
Mignon du Preez’s WBBL 2022 Stats
Du Preez is a right-hand batter and bats in the middle order. The Proteas batter is one of the most experienced batters in the Hurricanes lineup.
Nicola Carey’s WBBL 2022 Stats
Carey is one of the most experienced and successful players in the WBBL circuit. She can bowl at a medium pace and can bat as well.
Who will win Melbourne Stars Women vs Hobart Hurricanes Women today Match?
- Deeming the last WBBL edition, MS-W finished the 2021 season as the number five team in the points table. While HB-W finished the 2021 season as the sixth team in the points table.
- This season, MS-W are in the sixth position and won four out of their 11 games, with two being abandoned due to rain, until now. While, HB-W are in the third position in the points table, with six wins in 11 games, with one being abandoned.
- In their latest meeting in the WBBL 2022, MS-W beat HB-W by four wickets.
- Considering the last five games played between the sides, MS-W have won three of them, while HB-W have won two.
Considering the form, head-to-head record, and morale of both sides, Hobart Hurricanes Women are the favorites to win as per our Melbourne Stars Women vs. Hobart Hurricanes Women today match prediction.
MS-W vs HB-W Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-Keeper: Lauren Winfield-Hill
Batters: Alice Capsey, Mignon du Preez, Elyse Villani
All-Rounders: Annabel Sutherland, Kim Garth, Nicola Carey
Bowlers: Molly Strano, Sasha Moloney, Tess Flintoff, Maisy Gibson
Who should be the captain of your MS-W vs HB-W Fantasy Team?
For Small League, Head-to-Head contests: Annabel Sutherland (C) and Nicola Carey (VC)
For Grand League: Annabel Sutherland (C) and Alice Capsey (VC)