England playing 11: England are extremely well placed in making the semi finals of this year’s T20 world cup as well. They would need Australia to lose the game against Afghanistan ideally but they can still qualify for the semi finals even if Australia win their last game against Afghanistan. All England need to do is win this game against Sri Lanka by a margin with which they would surpass Australia in the NRR, provided Australia win their game against Afghanistan. England’s loss to Ireland has hurt them big time and the washed out game against Australia has proved to be an advantage in hindsight.
England playing 11 team news
- England are unlikely to tinker with their winning combination.
- They will be playing the same XI that fielded against NZ
ENG playing 11
1. Jos Buttler
2. Alex Hales
3. Dawid Malan
4. Ben Stokes
5. Harry Brook
6. Moeen Ali
7. Liam Livingstone
8. Sam Curran
9. Chris Woakes
10. Adil Rashid
11. Mark Wood
Jos Buttler (c), Moeen Ali, Harry Brook, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Phil Salt, Ben Stokes, Tymal Mills, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood, Alex Hales, David Willey
England vs Sri Lanka Dream11 prediction
Here are the best fantasy cricket picks for the match from England
- Jos Buttler scored a fantastic century against Sri Lanka in the previous edition of the world cup. He has terrific numbers against them.
|T20Is vs SL||Runs||Average||Strike rate||Highest score vs SL||Last 5 performances|
|8||357||89||148||101*||73, 0, 18, 65*, 17, 68|
- Mark Wood’s express pace could bring a lot of trouble for the Sri Lankan batters who are not well equipped to play on the backfoot.
|T20Is||Wickets||Average||Economy rate||Best bowling figures|
- Sam Curran is the leading wicket taker for England in this world cup so far. He has been bowling at the death and getting a lot of cheap wickets.
|T20Is||Wickets||Average||Economy rate||Best bowling figures||Last 5 performances|
|32||37||21||7.8||5/10||2/26, 2/31, 5/10, 3/25,2/35|